November 25, 2008

Sugar rush

Tired from work, the car passed by a Goldilock's store in traffic-choked Laon Laan.

With my eyes looking at the store's signage, I came to realize it was the very same Goldilock's were I got my only Goldilock's birthday cake for the only kiddie birthday party I ever had.


I was five then. It's not clear though whom I was with when I went to that store. Mama was working in Kuwait and wont be home for my birthday. So, together with a birthday card that had a cute baby pig illustration on it, she blew me a kiss across the sea and I had to follow that kiss to that airconditioned sweet smelling Goldilock's.

I remember how my name being called out over the microphone lit up my face and brought my happy feet to a shy hesitant walk. I could barely put my arms on the cake's box. But wanton joy had embraced me.

A sugar rush. That was really sweet. Not on my lips but on a sweet childhood memory to cherish.


5 comments:

randoy _ said...

cute slice of memory you have here! :D

Archie Lenchico said...

Awts.

Mark Lester Cayabyab said...

Not a paid advertorial :) I may consider posting my 5th birthday party photos here hehehehe

Ida Torres said...

Yes please

Gus Cerdena said...

"A sugar rush. That was really sweet. Not on my lips but on a sweet childhood memory to cherish."

nice one. nice. really, you should write more. :D