November 21, 2008

Going, going, vegan




One July morning, I woke up to drum beats as I lay like a leaf on my bunk. Having my bed positioned just beside the glass window, I saw this pupils in a long stream of white school uniform along Lt. J. Francisco in Krus Na Ligas.

I rushed to the dorm's roof deck and I was amazed to see something that I used to do in school. With hand drawn placards, some of the pupils were carrying vegetables. Eggplants. Tomatoes. Carrots. Green leafy vegetables. Some stuff that could had been Krus na Ligas' version of Italian veggie mayhem if these kids were provoked. But the pupils held the vegetables as if it's Palm Sunday.

That was Nutrition Month in an alley of food preservatives, burger stands, and carcinogen on sticks.

5 comments:

Ronan Secondez said...

Now this gives viewers an idea where in KNL you live.

Anyways, kaabang-abang din yung fiesta. :)

henry de loyola said...


wow!
i like this!

randoy _ said...

me like this! inuman naman tayo sa Sarah's minsan. aheheh.

Amor at Budo sa Dubai said...

Tet the snake! (WWF)

Mark Lester Cayabyab said...

sige tapos kangkong ang pulutan :D