July 22, 2007

Point-and-shoot Paparazzo's First Take




Unlike before, there was no press ID hanging around my neck. Not even that bright yellow org ID I used to have back in college camera club. Am completely on my own when I was invited to shoot at this recent media blitz attended by GMA-7 and some familiar names in print media.

redmark had to make its own mark.

There I was at the press conference of Eye Catchers Model Search Grand Finals Season 1 at the Embassy Cuisine in Fort Bonifacio, July 20, 2007. Mapapalaban ako, sabi ko. Mukha nga.

The call time was at mid-afternoon. I challenged myself to do a decent gig inspite na hindi ako nakatulog after my 9pm-6am work shift. Ganun talaga kapag first time. Armed with my precious little fella called Kodak Easyshare 4-megapixel point-and-shoot camera and a film SLR as my back up buddy, I tapped all those words and tricks I learned from the academe, friends and from my apprenticeship with Miguel Cortez.

From the innards of Quiapo, to the patios of Manila's centuries-old churches - redmark's beloved playgrounds - young human mannequins paraded before me in a thing called model search. And so here are some of the results with my (literally) nervous hands.

Hmm, redmark brand of photography anyone?

Special thanks to STYLE magazine, Mr. Rob Altamirano and Mr. Jonas Gruet.

http://styleonefashion.multiply.com/

9 comments:

iamparteeboi wabs wawab said...

wow galing! ^_^

Mark Lester Cayabyab said...

nanginginig ako habang nagpe-prescon kaya nyarp yung mga kuha ko hihihi *red face*

iamparteeboi wabs wawab said...

anong nyarp? hehe. parang ngo-ngong "sharp" hehe. =p

Leo Alberto said...

ang galing nung reflection T-T

ok 'tong style na 'to ah. i wanna see more of this n_n

Mark Lester Cayabyab said...

haha! binuko daw ba ako XD nyarp focus para di obvious na out of focus hehehe

kainis kasi mga kamay ko, nanginginig palagi x_x

Mark Lester Cayabyab said...

hehe super yuko ako at super tutok ako para sa framing nito. but this reflection thing is not really a redmark original. i learned this from my wedding photojournalism mentor, mr. cortez.

makikita mo rin yung ganitong klaseng framing maski sa mga pelikula at music videos... 0_o

victor vesuna said...

Ang galing, at ang mga models(drool)

STYLE M said...

STYLE EYE CATCHERS MODEL SEARCH SEASON 2 NEXT SCREENING DATE: AUG.31,FRI.4pm-6pm
see http://styleonefashion.multiply.com/photos/album/131 for more details

jonas gruet said...

thanks too, happy new year!