April 16, 2010

Basketball at the Town Plaza




After making the rounds in Paete, I bought a pack of Oreos and two lliters of bottled water for dinner and went back to the nearby town of Pakil that took me 10 minutes by tricycle (P40, special rate at 11pm).

Before proceeding to my rented room in homey two-storey apartelle beside Pakil Church (Oliver Apartelle, P900 for 12 hours of stay, check in anytime of the day or night), I checked out the town plaza and here are the town's youngters doing some hoops at the dying hours of Good Friday.

Unfortunately, the facade of the Pakil Church is too faint on the video. If only I have a better camera, the beautiful house of worship, lovingly preserved, should dominate in the background.

Please note the moon has just risen from the edge of the mountain, on the upper right field of the video.

No comments: