March 25, 2010

Moonstruck

Something struck me last night when everything seemed perfectly peaceful.

The moon was half smiling and the canopy of acacia leaves were hanging still under her stark steady gaze. My legs were on a steady stride and my breath catching up my pace on the half dim elliptical asphalt road.

Footsteps of students in formal attire and backpacks punctuated the choral voices rehearsing to reach the perfect note in the background. Bicycles passed by once in a while and it's halfway of March.

Most concrete benches along the path lie idle. The stop lights would flick to red, but it just did not meant to stop me and a dozen of others from jogging.

Then came the two;
a young man and a lady. Their shadows spread on the ground, their smiles are as bright as the silver moon.

"I am already starting," he said behind his spectacles.

"And you should start as well," his hands extending from his heart towards her direction - pony-tail falling on her shoulders, in jeans and rugged backpack.

A feeling like those in movie dates on a Saturday night of yesteryears, the wind suddenly blew across the field and my cheeks felt cold.

The moon got its way to suspend things like those in a hazy dream.

No comments: